Sunday, November 30, 2008

Soooo Thankful







The older I get the more I love the Thanksgiving holiday. I am overwhelmed with joy when I think of all the many many blessings in my life. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful family (immediate and extended). I'm also so thankful for our health and most importantly to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. We had a very nice long weekend. Erin's fam had us over for some good food, rockband, card games, Fred Clause and an overall fun and relaxing day. Thanks guys! Friday morning I did brave the Walmart early morning chaos- something I hadn't done in years. Oh yeah... now I remember why I DON'T do it! It brings out the worst in humanity. Not worth saving a buck.. hopefully I'll remember that next year...LOL. Friday and Saturday Toby had the Dixie Invitational soccer tournament where teams from all over the west come play. He had 2 games each day ending with Toby's team taking 2nd overall in the tournament!! This was the end to his 3rd season on this great team. The coaches are wonderful volunteers who dedicate so much to the boys and most importantly teach them good sportsmanship. Go DIXIE FIRE- you rock!

7 comments:

Debra said...

I like it more as I get older too. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Davis' said...

what a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving. Walmart was really bad on Friday. I was there too.

Erin said...

We had a great time also. I think we have started another tradition. I would love a copy of the group pict. I am glad you had a great weekend & way to go Tobes!

Erin said...

Oh man I can't believe you changed the background. I was loving your Twilight theme.

brandonandlexee said...

Glad you had a great holiday! Sorry it took me so long to get on here! I haven't invited you to my blog because I don't have your email address. Email me @ lexeelou82@gmail.com and I will invite ya right away:0)

Marcie said...

YOur crazy to go out on black friday! But then again your a runner and runners do crazy things, right? So glad you had a fun holiday weekend!

The Wilsons said...

Looks like you had a fun Thanksgivig! Congrats Toby! The kids look so grown up.