
Well I won't spend too much time on a race report here- you'll have to go to http://shufflingsista.fastrunningblog.com/ for the nitty gritty race report. Last year the weather was probably the best for SGM and this year the WORST!!!! I didn't make my goals, but I was just happy to finish the race out there yesterday. It poured until mile 20 and was very windy. My friends who are elite runners say most people's goals were off about 10 minutes for the effort put in yesterday. That makes me feel a little better. Jim only took 1 lousy pic at the finish (not his fault, hard to take good pics through the mass of people at the finish) so when the marathon photographers get their pics posted I will put one up here. Glad its over, looking forward to 5ks, 10ks and Half Marathons...(little burnt out on full marathons for now...)(read my race report on link above, its more positive - written while the endorphins were still in my system- LOL)
10 comments:
Way to go on the marathon! You are awesome! The pics from Lake Powell look like so much fun! What a great time of year to go! Not so hot, but still really nice! We LOVE Lake Powell!
Great job even finishing that race. Craziness! My brother was trying to convince me to do it next year.... Not going to happen.
Congratulations on the finish. I was reading about the bad weather in the newspaper....what a bummer!! Way to stick it out. I am thinking about running the hurricane 1/2 marathon in May to get me back in shape after this baby...you in?
By the way got my family pics done at Target.
Where are some pictures! I wanna see some great battle pictures. ;) I can't imagine you look anything but beautiful, Christi!! Congratulations (again - hehe)!!!!
oh, I have been thinking about you. I have been wanted to call you, but I had family visting. And I also wanted to see you at the finish line, but I had to do my trade at the gym. I am kinda bummed about that. You did great and your awesome. Are you going to do the save-a-sister 5k with me? Any plans this week?
You are beautiful. That picture is great. Congrats on finishing. the rain, and nasty weather. You are awesome.
People who run, and especially those that can run FAR, are toward the top of my admiration list. Even more admirable are those that set goals and then act to reach them. So you're doubly admirable in my book!
Way to go woman! I have been trying to call you to see how ya did. So I have been thinking of you, and how wet you probably were.
Way to go Christi! Just thinking about running a marathon makes me want to pass out.
Christi
Very proud of you! so very happy to have you working on our Domestic Violence Team, you are an exceptional addition. hope
Post a Comment