We enjoyed a very special weekend Feb. 25-27th :) Ashley (my youngest sis) just had her 3rd baby, a boy Skyler, the beginning of Feb. Julie & I conceived a fun plan to show up on her doorstep. Just what every postpartum mom needs, unannounced company- right?! We invited our bro Scott to come along and we were so happy that it worked out that we could all three get away. It got better as we realized my parents were also going to be in Folsom for a day at the same time. Sooo....we pulled up to Ash's house and Julie called her from the parking lot. They made chit chat and Julie told Ash she would like to come visit her soon...ha ha. Then she rang the doorbell while she had Ash on the phone. Ash was shocked of course and then I waited a few minutes and rang the doorbell, then last Scott came a few minutes later. We had her in some good tears by this time :) We proceeded to have an awesome weekend:
1.catching up with my adorable niece & nephew that I just haven't seen enough of since I live so far way and holding that sweet new 3 week old baby
2. eating at Chicago Fire Pizza, Dos Coyotes, Big Spoon & Jack's Urban Eats- yummo
3. shopping! I was in heaven at the Folsom outlets....
4. walking on some great trails- Folsom has some GREAT walk/bike trails w/ trees, lakes, etc
It was a very special weekend to get to surprise Ash & spend some really quality time with family
2 comments:
It looks like it was a blast! I am so happy that you got to take such a fun trip!
What a fun trip!! Shopping?? I want some of that action!! (better get going on my tax return, huh?!) Oh how I miss those days....sigh. Oh well, soon enough right!! Looks like you had a blast and I LOVE the way you surprised her ringing the door bell one by one. FUN!!
Post a Comment