Monday, March 21, 2011

A Shameless Plug

So...historically Family Home Evening has gone something like this around our house...just another night OR...hey...yah we are all together tonight so that counts- yah for us! Recently I've realized I have just a few years with the kids before they leave home (hopefully, LOL...). Yikes. That means all the wonderful parental wisdom I have to impart needs to be done NOW. That led to my commitment to get a little more serious about FHE. The older the kids get- the more outside influences take hold, therefore the more we need to fortify our influence at home. You get the idea. SO- thank goodness for www.ldsliving.com. Seriously- go there and subscribe to their "online" magazine. It's free and they send simple weekly FHE ideas to my inbox. These are SIMPLE FHE ideas. No fancy pants crafts or complicated recipes. I print it out in 2-3 pages and any family member can conduct the night, Arielle led tonight's. We have done this for the past 2 Mondays and success! Good thoughts & good laughs (a simple, "no supplies needed" game is included in most lessons). So there it is- my shameless plug for lds.living- love that site!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Christi, this is a great idea. I am going to sign up. Great blog, it is fun to get to know you and your family before we even meet. I hope your daughter is feeling better soon.