Sunday, March 20, 2011

Arielle Turns 11

Roller Skating Par-tee!
Opening new riding boots





Letter from Playboy





I know every parent says this...but it really is weird when your baby keeps getting older & older. Eleven?! It happens so fast. My little BD tradition is to decorate the house late at night with streamers/ balloons/ posters to surprise the kids when they wake up in the morning. Only it's not really a surprise because they are expecting it...LOL. However, there was one year I didn't decorate at night before Toby's BD and he's never forgotten....Anyway, then Arielle chose where she wanted to go to dinner. It has become a joke between Jim & me because the kids usually choose Golden Corral (which is NOT a fav of ours). We just keep telling ourselves "serve with the left, eat with the right" remember that tip next time you're at a greasy buffet. After Golden Corral we opened presents. Arielle had 2 gifts: first, new riding boots because hers were too small and second, a letter from the horse she loves (Playboy...I know, I know) telling her that she can come ride him whenever she wants! We were able to negociate a part time lease with a horse that is rarely ridden at the barn & just happens to be her fav. horse, so she is in horse heaven now as she will get to ride more each week. With friends we had a roller skating party and then let her have 3 friends sleepover. We focused alot on the party & celebration of her birthday, now I need to spend the next year focusing on trying to raise a preteen girl and teach her the things that are most important (which is not always the party... :)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Holy Smokes, 11!!! I remember when she was a babe in arms, and we first met when you were dropping Toby off at nursery. Isn't there some pill to keep them from growing up. Jenn started driving, it is scaring me to death!!! Miss you guys!!!

Erin said...

I'm with Heather...Holy Smokes! Time flies and kids grow two things we can't seem to stop. I also remember her tiny in a stroller with her mom (tatoos and all JK!) and Toby at the park. WOW do we miss you guys! Especially w/yours and Heathers bdays coming up. Miss y'all like crazy!

Shirley Clan said...

fun! Miss you guys.