Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I love the idea of fresh starts- blank slates! 2010 is here and we can make of it what we will. A quote that I heard a few months ago stuck with me and will be a motto throughout this New Year "We are a product of our choices". My New Year's resolutions will be few & simple so that I will be more likely to achieve them.

1. Be in the moment. Take time each day to listen to uplifting music, read uplifting books and surround myself with inspiration.

2. Give more of myself. Serve more and follow through when that still small voice gives instruction.

3. Be easier on myself. Realize I cannot be a perfect mom, wife, student, friend, sister, daughter, churchmember all the time. Focus on the priority of the moment and don't sweat the small stuff.

I think if I follow these 3 rules I will become closer to my God, my family and myself.

On a much lighter note (literally- ha ha), I really want the Jazzercise fit shirt for attending 150 times this year (that's at least 3x a week). Haven't made running goals for this week- I'm having so much fun with Jazzercise! But I expect I'll get pumped on running again in the Spring and plan to run a few road races this year.

3 comments:

Aaron and Melissa said...

Great goals!!! You are a very inspirational friend, not to mention SO much fun to be around. Thanks for sharing New Years with us. We sure love you guys.

Erin said...

Happy New Year! Good luck on your goals you will do great at all! I hope I can be as good as you one day (hahaha)

Kathy Habel said...

Great goals! Happy New Year.