Saturday, October 3, 2009

Welcome October!


OK- first off, I'm cheating. This picture is from last October. Seems I've been taking lots of pics lately, but no family pics. So I'll try to get on that and get some current family pics soon. ANYWAY... I'm stoked that October is here. I LOVE this time of year and I'm generally in a very good mood from Oct 1st- Jan 2nd :). As far as I'm concerned October ushers in the holiday season. We kicked off this weekend by renting a wonderful classic scary movie WATCHER IN THE WOODS. It was the kids first time seeing it and it was a hit. Jim & I remember this movie scaring the wits out of us as kids. Then we went to a local church's pumpkin "patch" and picked out our pumpkins. We will finish off the decor with a giant spider & web plastered on the front of the house. This time of year is also wonderful running weather! Went out this morning for a peaceful 8 miler in a delightful light fog with my new running partner Stacie. We ran along quiet streets lined with pastures and farm style houses in the sleepy little town of Lewisville. It was one of those runs that is so good, it almost makes me consider running another marathon. Lastly, this weekend is also great because its general conference weekend! Besides listening to meaningful talks from church leaders, we get to sleep in, eat lots of good food and stay in PJs all day. Oh happy day!

2 comments:

Aaron and Melissa said...

Sounds like so much fun! We need to get our pumpkins soon too...I love doing that as a family, but I have yet to find a super fun farm or pumpkin patch here. Let me know where you guys went. Also, I am SO glad that you and Stacie are running together. I am inspired by you, but I know I am not in any condition to join you! I wish!!!

Kathy Habel said...

I was out yesterday and couldn't get anywhere easily because of the marathon. Hard to believe it's been a year already since the last one.