Toby- going for it
This cracks me up...Toby's soccer coach also coaches the 8th grade girls' soccer. He has a couple of the better girl players help asst. coach and aid the boys in practice and games. Toby has commented on the flirting that goes on. Check out this girl and guy flirting and the look on the Coach's face. Priceless.
One of the "cool" parts of being on the team is being bussed to the games after school. Toby called me from the bus and he was SO excited.
Toby and the Meadowlark Mustangs
Warning! *Bragging mom spoiler alert* Toby had his first soccer game with his new team yesterday which they won 5-0! We are so proud of Toby for being brave and trying out against a bunch of experienced 8th graders. As most of you know, Toby has an Aug. BD and is one of the youngest 7th graders. When Toby was 5 I really debated whether I should hold him back a month and let him be an older kid in school - or should I just send him. He had already gone to two years of preschool and academically he was ready. Besides...Jim & I never were into team sports, Toby probably wouldn't be either. Yay- right!! Toby has a jock streak in him. In St. George Toby had some good sports opportunities. But now in Winston-Salem he wanted to try out against 8th graders in a school of 1200 kids. I didn't want to discourage him, but I was not optimistic! Toby came home from try-outs the first day and looked glum..."Mom, I'm trying out against kids with moustaches that are as big as Dad". Thankfully he made it and actually got to play half of the first game. He brought his A game and was really aggressive. Go Mustangs!
2 comments:
GO TOBY!!! Congrats for making the big team!
Way to Go Tobs! We are so proud of you. My girls are small for their ages and so we know the size difference on the soccer field can be a bit intimidating, especially as you get older...and they have facial har and are as big as your dad! We are glad to hear that your family is adjusting to your new environment. How is Jim's schooling/job going? We think of you often. Good luck and may God bless you!
Post a Comment