







Ok- I may have sucked you in by the title which is a bit misleading. Yes, these pictures were taken in Colorado City but only in the park. I'll have to take some "around town" pictures soon for another post. Jim had never been to Colorado City (the polygamist community where I hang out 1-2x a week for work) So after some arm twisting I loaded Jim & the kids in the car for some good times at the park. Colorado City has a fabulous hidden gem- Cottonwood Park. They have huge trees, tire swings, a LONG slide and other neat finds. It was a cold day as you can see by the snow in the background, but we had a ball. A plus, the kids got to see what it feels like to be the minority. Instead of us staring at FLDS people in Walmart, we were the ones feeling a bit out of place in our jeans (all other women & girls were wearing dresses at the park of course)
5 comments:
crazy!! looks like tons of fun though.
I've never been there either. I've been wanting to go to get raw milk but it seems like an awful long drive just to pick up some milk.
...thats my town...;) practically though! That is a dang sweet slide. AND I am SHOCKED your family agreed to go with you. THAT IS super sweet. There is a really nice dairy there to get Delicious cheese, milk, cottage cheese...you know dairy. Next time you'll have to stop by.
I've been through town but didn't notice the park. If we ever get out that way again I'm totally going.
That's AWESOME! We've driven through Colorado City, but have never stopped. Maybe next time we will!
Post a Comment