Thursday, January 22, 2009

St. George (Painter's) Half Marathon 2009


I needed a little jump start to my new year so I bit the bullet and signed up for the Jan. Half Marathon. It was a great time! Met up with some of my running buddies (The "Sole" Sisters). The weather couldn't have been better, 40's, sunny & no wind. I did pretty good for the first 8 miles keeping about 8:45 pace. About mile 8 I hit the wall as expected (due to my lame training lately) from there on I finished with about 9:30-10 min. miles. I wanted to break 2:00, but came in at 2:01. That is actually about 8 minutes slower than I ran this race last year. But given my current stress level with work, kids, church calling, etc etc.... I have to take all into consideration and pat myself on the back for just being out there!

8 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

You do deserve a pat on the back! Great job!

Laura said...

Great job, Christi! I'm impressed you set a goal even with less than stellar training. My training is even worse than yours right now; but maybe I should find some race. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lybi said...

Congrats Christi! You are always so brave to just sign up for these long races. I think this is a great time and effort. You have a lot of things on your plate that you didn't have last year, so this shows great running spirit, imho.

Marcie said...

You did great on sat! It was so fun to see you! You look great too!

dotti said...

so proud of you!! you never cease to amaze me!! great blog too by the way!!

Abelhouzen Family said...

good job, you are awesome!

Buffy Clark said...

you are such a stud, and I am jealous too. I can't wait to get back to running. I ran on the treadmill for the first time on Monday am I totally sore....amazing how quickly you can lose it

organic tribe said...

I'm a bit behind on internet world so I'm playing catch up on your blog. Congrats on running the half! I don't think 1 min past your goal really counts. ha ha!

YOU ROCK!