I just finished reading this Newbery Honor book with Toby & Arielle. We've been cozying up on the couch and reading a chapter or 2 a night. What a delightful book! Even though its a "junior" novel I would recommend this book to any adult. Its a quick read with a nice, uplifting theme. Makes you very grateful for family and a roof over your head, even my kids gleaned that from the book. It takes place in the winter in France- delightful touch of french vocabulary and scenery. If anyone else has a good family read chapter book they'd like to recommend, I'd love to hear it!Saturday, January 10, 2009
Great Read
I just finished reading this Newbery Honor book with Toby & Arielle. We've been cozying up on the couch and reading a chapter or 2 a night. What a delightful book! Even though its a "junior" novel I would recommend this book to any adult. Its a quick read with a nice, uplifting theme. Makes you very grateful for family and a roof over your head, even my kids gleaned that from the book. It takes place in the winter in France- delightful touch of french vocabulary and scenery. If anyone else has a good family read chapter book they'd like to recommend, I'd love to hear it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks for the info. What a great mom you are reading to your kids!!!
I am going to remember this book for a summer activity for Colton!
I agree it is a great book, especially cause it's not to long.
I wish I could get me 13 year old to read books I suggest. She hasn't read anything but Babysitter's clud and Tennis Shoes amoung the Nephites.
Hey we HAVE to hook up this week. I missing the visits more than the running. Are you ready for Painters???
I've heard thats a good one.Sierra and I are starting "Tale of Despereaux". Conner said it was good snd Heather liked it also. The movie looks cute. We will have try Faily Under the Bridge sometime. Are you feeling any better? Still need to double soon.
That is sweet! I LOVE a good book. When I was younger my dad use to read Tom Sawyer, or Huck Finn books to us. IT was fun. It was about younger kids! ITs awesome that you have that going on!
Love getting recommendations for books. We'll add this one to the list!
Post a Comment