Saturday, August 2, 2008

I FORGOT MY CAMERA! Whaaah!

Today was Toby's 11th BD Party. It wasn't his "real" birthday today so I'll save the special BD post for later. But as for "the party" was great! I made a list before we left the house to make sure I had everything squared away and everything went off without a hitch until 1/2 way through the party when I realized I FORGOT MY CAMERA!! I was SOOOO sad. We had 9 boys at the pool and they had a blast diving and playing with splash balls. We were lucky to have some friends who were parting with an Xbox and lots of games- they gave us a killer deal. So Toby was ridiculously spoiled with that big gift and also generous amounts of money from most of his friends. I made his favorite cookies (m & m covered chocolate moonpies) which he requested instead of cake. The weather was great, the boys had a blast and if I had just remembered MY CAMERA the day would have been perfect! (I did take a pathetic pic on my cell phone which I don't even know how to post- so just picture in your head nine scrawny 11 year olds posing- yeah some were actually flexing- in front of a pool on a sunny beautiful day. They actually cheerfully cooperated for the pic on my pathetic phone which they would NEVER do if I had a real camera present. )

5 comments:

Buffy Clark said...

Love all your new posts. Of course you forgot your camera on one of the days you needed it most.....I hate that. Okay so I am dying at the picture of Ariel holding her webkinz. Since when did she turn 16???? Holy cow she has grown up alot. Your kids are so cute and are growing up so fast.

The Wilsons said...

Happy Birthday Toby! Sounds like lots of fun! Can't believe you and Jonathan are 11 now! Where does time go?

Jessica Harrrison said...

I can't believe Toby is 11. Don't you feel old? Just kidding! Tell him Happy Birthday from Heber!

Marcie said...

Your countdown ticker makes me realize just how close the marathon is!!!! Your sons b-day party sounded so fun, and those moon pies sounds delicous. And dont feel bad I forget my camera everywhere I go!

Meg Rogers said...

Here's a happy belated birthday to Toby! I read most of my blogs on google reader now so I can't leave comments and I am getting too lame to leave google reader and go to the blog. How lazy is that! I miss you. Let's chat soon!