Saturday, August 23, 2008

Goodbye Cub Scouts, Hello Boy Scouts




Wow, my little boy is growing up. This past week he earned his Arrow of Light award and moved into Boy Scouts. It was sad to say bye to Sister VanSteveran. She was so sweet with Toby & always planned fun activities where the boys learned a ton. She made a nifty Arrow of Light award for Toby to hang on his wall. She gave Toby a big hug and said she will truly miss him! They have this little tradition in scouting where the "graduate" walks across a bridge made up of sticks held by all the boys in the pack. In all the pack mtgs I've been to I've never seen one of the boys drop a stick...until Toby's night! It was funny and they had to do it over again since Toby fell through the bridge.

2 comments:

Debra said...

I'm so not ready for either Cub or Boy Scouts. It's good to hear Toby had such a great experience.

Davis' said...

He'll love boy scouts just as much. Dean is a great scout master.