Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back to the Daily Grind




I have discovered a little something about myself. I like routine! (on my terms of course) School has started back up again and we're all pretty happy about it. The long "sibling squabbling" days of summer have come to an end. Toby's in 6th grade now and was too cool to have his pic taken on the first day of school. I drove past the bus stop with my camera, but decided to save him the embarrassment and not take the pic. I did, however, roll down my window and tell the 15 nervous 11 & 12 yr. olds that the bus driver called me and said he got held up and he asked me to give them a ride, so they all needed to pile into my car. Ha ha. The looks on their faces was priceless. Toby probably wishes I'd just taken a pic instead! I was nervous for him to ride the bus, change classes and all that "big kid" stuff. He jumped out of bed without having to be woken up by mom or dad and even packed his own lunch a couple of days. He's becoming such a responsible guy. Arielle LOVES her teacher who is so sweet & patient. She loves animals and has a pet bird in the classroom. She has already made a great friend in class (Charlotte) who likes gymnastics, swimming and animals. They're inseparable already with 3 playdates under their belt in the first week! With the school year starting back up so does soccer & piano. Toby's already had a game in Vegas, they went to Vegas and beat those city kids in 2 games back to back. Go Dixie Fire!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I had to laugh at your buss stop joke! That was great. Reminded me of something Dad would do:) Man I can't beleive how big your kids are. That must mean your getting old, he he he.

Meg Rogers said...

I too, love a good routine. I can't believe how old your kids are too! Crazy! Glad Arielle is so happy. Sounds like the perfect teacher for her. Henry starts back to pre-school today and he was up at 6 am. I will be posting the first day of school pic a little later. Gotta do it while they will still let you :)

Buffy Clark said...

Oh my gosh....6th grade for Toby. That is crazy. Kind of sad the day they don't let you take pics anymore, that is how you know they are growing up!

Debra said...

Just a tad behind in the blog reading department. And boy, can I ever relate to thriving on a routine. We've only been off for a few weeks and I about lost it. So glad you posted the pictures.