





The last couple of years we spend most every Saturday in June at Track Meets. Since I run myself, I can find no better way to spend the day but hanging out at the track around a bunch of running nerds and cheering for my little track star. Toby's relay team went to Region where they won 2nd, then State where they won 3rd place. Now all the teams are awaiting results of the paper meet between the western states to find out who will get the opportunity to travel to Hershey, PA to compete. (our road probably stops at the state level...) Toby also competed at the Utah Summer Games where to took 3rd in the long jump and 1st on his relay team. I was esp. proud of him this year because he was a 10 yr. old competing against 11 & 12 yr old (it goes by how old you'll be the end of the year and he'll be 11 in Aug.) He didn't lose confidence and gave it his all even though he ran against much bigger kids and sometimes was last in his heat. To me, that willingness to go for it against the odds is a much better accomplishment than winning medals. Go Tobes!
4 comments:
Congrats Toby!!! I am even jealous that Tobes runs. I wish Colton would run with me. Maybe one day......
Way to go Toby! You are awesome!
I'm tired just reading this. Amazed by both of your abilities and dedication. If I could just walk up the steps to my office I'd be feeling good.
Wow! That's awesome! Way to go Toby!
Post a Comment