Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pine Valley




I have a whole new respect for weekends now. I relish every minute of them now that I'm a 8-5 Mon-Fri. working stiff. We decided to have a little day trip up to Pine Valley this Saturday to enjoy cooler temps, water and yes, even TREES! (as great at St. George is, the one thing its missing is more trees) Scott, Crystal & Mylie came along too. We had a great time hiking around and picnicking. Toby & Arielle even made makeshift fishing poles with a stick, fishing line and a soda tab that they found laying around (didn't catch anything, but had fun trying) On the way home we stopped to pet some horses including an adorable miniature paint.

7 comments:

Davis' said...

that sounds like a great Saturday family outing.

Pinky Lovejoy-Coogan said...

Wow, Mylie is getting so big! Sounds like a fun day.

Laura said...

What a great weekend trip! Arielle petting the horse is such a great shot - looks like it belongs in a magazine for horses or something. So fun.

Sara said...

How fun. We need to do more things like that. I bet Arielle was in heaven petting that horse. Doesn't she love animals?

Buffy Clark said...

Sometimes it is those quick getaways that you love the most. Way to be creative on those fishing poles kids....

Debra said...

Ah, weekends. Yes, they are precious. I'm sure you'll use them well. I had to laugh when you talked about the trees. You're right, while beautiful, St. George isn't exactly a rain forest. Glad you're having fun and getting out with your family.

The Wilsons said...

Sounds like fun! Weekend outings are the best! I love the pic of Arielle petting the horse. Good job on the makeshift fishing poles! That is awesome!