Sunday, July 6, 2008

Business and Pleasure



I have started a NEW job as a social worker. Its been a long time coming. After all, I did go to school for psychology. It took the mortgage market falling apart for me to be motivated to start in the social work field. I'll be working for the State of Utah helping victims of domestic violence. Heartbreaking for sure, but I'm up for the challenge! The new 40 hr. a week schedule is taking quite an adjustment for a spoiled gal like myself who has been working from home (for the family owned business) for the last 10 yrs. I have jumped right into this new tightly structured job in the summer with the kids home from school. My dear sleep deprived husband (who works night and takes care of the kids during the day) has been a wonderful support. I couldn't do it without him! As part of my new job, I had to go to SLC for training last week. Jim had to work so I took both kids and roped my parents into helping watch them on the days I had training. Arielle ended up going to the Titcombs for most of the time. They are so sweet to have her and spoil her rotten. She came home with a new "twin dress" (Anna and her got matching outfits that they wore to church together) and a new Webkinz toy. I know she was in great hands and treated like a princess while I was working. Thank you Julie, Brent & Anna! Toby stayed at Daybreak and had a blast too. He got to be the "big kid" and stay up late watching movies in the theatre room and playing cards & settlers with the adults. He got some great one-on-one time with grandmom & grandpa while they took him to shoot some hoops, kayak, and play miniature golf. The trip was mostly work for me, but I did enjoy chilling at mom & dad's and spending time with them. Evenings at Daybreak are cool and delightful, my favorite time of the day. We like to walk around the lake or take the kids to the little community parks (of which there are many!) I also got to sneak in a quick lunch with Shmeg, Henry & Sheaner. Its always a treat to spend time with "my gals".

9 comments:

Buffy Clark said...

Meg was telling me about your new job. I am sure that it is hard going back, I bet you will find yourself really enjoying it. There is such a great sense of accomplishment being in a work field like that.

Pinky Lovejoy-Coogan said...

Um, did you forget to mention Monkey, who came to lunch with us, as well? Ha! Great to see you as always. Love you! Congrats on the new job - they're lucky to have you and you're going to do GREAT! :)

The Wilsons said...

Glad you had a little fun along with business! We miss you guys! Good luck with your new job - that is great!

Debra said...

This will certainly be a new adventure for you! I think you'll be great in this role and your clients will be supremely lucky. Let us know how it goes!

Michelle said...

You are always so upbeat and will be an amazing social worker! You are such an inspiration! And what fun you all had! Good times!

Meg Rogers said...

Glad you found time for an update. I understand! It was great to see you, if only for a few minutes while you were here. Can't wait to here some good plyg stories :)

Jessica Harrrison said...

That is so exciting about your new job! You have to call the "girls" from Heber next time you come up and have a minute.

bows and more said...

Hi Girl! It was fun to run into you at the pool! I miss the good old days! We really did have such a neat little group of neighbors!We need to get together soon! I would love it if you came on Tuesday! But if not no pressure! Your kids are so grown up! And so cute! We miss you guys! I will add you to my favs!

Sara said...

Glad you had a good time. Thanks for motivating me last night during our run.