Friday, May 9, 2008

Field Trips





I feel so lucky to be able to go on Toby & Arielle's field trips. As the mortgage market slows down and I contemplate getting a new job, I realize how privileged I've been to work from home while the kids are young and make it to all the field trips and other special events. Toby's 5th grade just went on a hike to Snow Canyon to "Three Ponds" last week. It was 7 miles round trip in the sand! Quite a workout. Beautiful blue sky and red rock scenery and perfect weather. This past week Arielle's 2nd grade class went to Washington City to do a historic tour of old machinery, farm animals and learn about the history of cotton and vegetable farming in Southern Utah. It was interesting and I gained a new appreciation for how hard working the people were who founded Southern Utah.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Isn't it nice to enjoy the slow times in work. My husband's work from home is picking up lately and I miss the days when he didn't have much going on - we took the babies swimming on a Wednesday a few months ago.

Good luck switching careers!!! What a great occupation - psychology and social work. My husband always wanted to do that kind of thing but college and his first job took him miles from that. Good luck.

Have you finished The Host yet? Great book!!

Michelle said...

It is fun to make it to those things! Your kids will remember too! By the way, you've been tagged!