
A couple months ago I took on the "Hinckley Challenge" to attempt to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days to honor Pres. Hinckley's life. Well, its been a great experience- however, I'm not going to finish on time! I'm glad I took the challenge, it got me opening my scriptures more frequently and actually getting PAST 2nd Nephi, which I can't say I've done by reading straight through in years (*blush*). So I'm thoroughly enjoying Mosiah and I'm confident I will finish reading the entire Book of Mormon this year- although not in 97 days! But whoever came up with this challenge (that over 32,000 people are doing) THANK YOU!
4 comments:
Fantastic!! We've just challenged out YW/YM to read in 100 days...then we go river rafting thanks to the Hookers and a HUGE BASH in Deer Valley! It's definately a testimony builder! Keep up the good reading! You can do it!
You are inspiring! I was too chicken to try because I knew I would probably fail. Not the best attitude. I should have tried with you...
Well....that is definitely inspiring, and I wish that I could say that I was doing the same. Way to go!!!!
Well I must be living under a rock. I hadn't heard of the "Hinckley Challenge." It's such a great idea and the perfect way to honor him. I say with things like this, it really is better late than never. You can do it! (I might just have to start now too.)
Post a Comment