Monday, April 7, 2008

General Conference Weekend






I love General Conference weekends! Its so nice to stay in PJs most of the day and just CHILL! The kids did a great job of listening to conference this year. I bribed them, of course! If they wrote down a sentence from each talk, they got a prize (breakfast of their choice- krispie cremes- was the prize for listening well to Sat. Conference. Sunday's prize was $1 that they could spend at the dollar store on Monday). Sat. morning conference worked the best for the kids 'cause we were all fresh, and it was neat to be part of the Solemn Assembly when we all sustained Pres. Monson! The kids had a "sleepover" Sat. night in the living room & enjoyed their donuts Sunday morning while watching conference. Sunday we went to Scott & Crystals for a BBQ between sessions. It was a beautiful weekend too, Crystal & I snuck out for a walk after the Sun. afternoon sessions.

5 comments:

Buffy Clark said...

Okay...I need to take lessons from you on getting my kids to watch conference!!! Those are some great ideas. I will have to remember that for October. Thanks for sharing.

Davis' said...

I love your ideas. We always have cinnamon rolls for the Sunday conferences. I feel good if they will sit and listen to one session. I'm impressed that you got them to sit through all of them.

The Wilsons said...

Isn't Conference weekend great? We love it! I'm impressed the kids listened so well. Jonathan saw the pics and said, "Hey it's Toby! He's a friend I definitely miss."

Heather said...

Conference weekend is the BEST! Great ideas for getting the kids to sit still and listen. I'll have to remember those.

Sara said...

Very creative with the kiddos.