Well, I should be banned from taking pictures. I went to Asheville and saw relatives I only get to see 1x or 2x a year and did I take pictures of them? NO! What the? Oh well, guess we were so busy visiting that I forgot all about taking pictures. So Thanksgiving went something like this...we went Thanksgiving Day to Asheville where we helped the Sloans make the big spread in anticipation of Mom, Dad & Grandmom Hazel flying in for the weekend. We took it easy this year and did lots of Costco and "easy prep" food which had its pros & cons. We missed the homemade taste and quality of our favorites, but on the up side we had time to get out of the kitchen and take a beautiful hike overlooking Asheville on Thanksgiving Day. After a good meal, the girls (Julie, me, Arielle, Isabelle & Nancy Clare) went Black Friday SHOPPING from 12am-7am. Yes, we are nuts! It was a good, delirious time and deals were found by all. After sleeping in half the day Friday we took the kids swimming in Mom & Dad's indoor heated hotel pool and enjoyed another evening of visiting and noshing on leftovers. Aunt Nancy came to visit, she is always a joy to be around. Saturday we headed to Grove Park Inn for the Annual Gingerbread & Christmas Tree display. It is gorgeous and always puts me in the holiday mood. Grandmom Hazel treated all 13 of us to a beautiful buffet at GPI. WOW- it was classy and scrumptious. Saturday we had more Lovelaces over (Bahnson's family, Paul's family, & Nancy Clare, Anna Clare & Jeff). I think my favorite part of the night was snuggling with little Anna Clare. Wish I had a picture! We had a great time laughing with the cousins before we headed back home to W-S late Saturday night.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Thanksgiving in Asheville
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment