Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One of Our Favorite Places

Arielle made him pose, don't you love it?
If you look close you can see the bikers coming to run me over

Pretty little Salem Lake



Random dogs (by photographer Arielle)






WE LOVE SALEM LAKE! I have blogged about it before, Salem Lake is a wonderful little spot in Winston-Salem only 15 min from home. A scenic, tree lined 7 mile dirt loop around the sunny lake . Its such a great get away, every time I go I feel like I've been on a "daycation". I am there almost every weekend either running early in the morning with my friends or taking a leisurely afternoon stroll with the family. Jim loves to go there as much as I do and whenever we have the time to get away we go walking there, sometimes without the kids for a little date. We usually have to drag the kids whenever we say "walk" or "hike", but they always end up loving it. We see some new wildlife or interesting bit of nature each time we go. Arielle was the photographer on this day. She took all the photos and I think she captured it better than I ever could!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Lokks awesome! We still need to up into the mts here to find fall color. Miss y'all! thanks for the e-mail. We will miss you @ the holidays too!

Jessica Harrrison said...

It is sooooo beautiful....makes me want to visit that part of the country. How are you anyway? Your kiddos are growing up too fast!