Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ramping up for Halloween







Jim declared that this weekend was pumpkin carving weekend. I told him they would rot before Halloween, but truly I thought it was cute that he was so excited that he just couldn't wait. Halloween is to him what Christmas is to me :) So we rented Beetlejuice (which the kids thought was boring), I made halloween M & M cookies (which turned out dangerously good and I ate way too many) and Jim & kids carved pumpkins. You'll see in the pics that Jim is very closely "supervising" the carving and just can't keep his hands off the pumpkins. Arielle also made the cutest little pumpkin pie in activity days this week- what brave leaders she has to make pies with 15 girls!

2 comments:

Flagmeier Family said...

Looks like tons of fun. I am not sure I am ready for the excitment yet. Jared and Em will be a challenge in that department. Glad to see all that you are doing. You are my inspiration with blogging...and so many other things. Not running though! I have no desire to go do that! lol!

Aaron and Melissa said...

So much fun! We usually end up doing our pumpkin at the last minute. Those cookies are making me hungry! The holidays are dangerous for me, but so much fun and yummy!