Friday, August 7, 2009

The New Pad

our new bed
the master bath (shower & tub- yippee)

Sunroom/Office
Toby's side of the room
Arielle's side of the room

New sofa (eggplant/brownish color)

family pic collage in hallway

kids' bath, went with crazy poka dots

master bath (2 sinks, its the little things that make me happy!)

Front of the house
view of kitchen from living room

love this sign that Erin gave me

our little kitchen overlooking living room
"eat in" area in kitchen


We made it! Wow, the drive across the country seems a lot longer now with 2 kids and a dog :) Back in the BYU days Stacey Belnap, Julie Beckman & I would do UT to FL in 35 hrs. flat. Not this time- 4 days!! We drove for 4, 10 hr. days & made it here late on Wed. 29th. We spent 2 days at Ikea in Charlotte shopping for new furniture (fun!) and then a couple days assembling the new furniture (not so fun...). Finally by the weekend we were able to start unpacking and now that we've been here just over a week, we are pretty much set up. We really like our new place. The community is cute and everyone is friendly. The kids LOVE the pool and tennis court. We have driven around just a bit...checked out a local Park (Tangelwood Park) and Toby is already on a soccer team so we drove out to soccer practice. Arielle gets to check out the stables next week. We know 2 LDS families in town and they are super nice!! We've already been invited to dinner and made to feel at home. The sister missionaries left a note on our door today welcoming up and letting us know they would like to come over and get to know us. (In the mission field I remember that is code for "feed us"!! hee hee) Here's some pics of the new place.

13 comments:

Sara said...

Love the new place. I can't believe you have it decorated already. It looks so cute. Miss you tons!!

Kathy Habel said...

Wow looks great. How did you manage to get unpacked and all organized and decorated already?

Davis' said...

I know your truck was small. but you are absolutely amazing to have it all put away, and decorated already! I love it.

DAVID GREEN FAMILY said...

Your house is so cute, you are on the ball, it usually takes me a year to be fully unpacked and semi organized, and I never get around to decorating.
And I TOTALLY miss you!!!!! I have lots of great friends but non compare to you:( Keep in touch-Heather
P.S. Have you made any running friends yet? I ran 11.5 this weekend, felt great, but I missed you!!

Aaron and Melissa said...

Looks so nice! We need to ditch all of our stuff and start fresh! We are so glad that you are here and can't wait to get to know you guys more and definitely hang out too!

Christi said...

Thanks guys! It was really fun to ditch the old furniture and get some new stuff, (even though its cheap stuff!)

Sharps said...

OHHH We missed you today! How exciting to have all this new stuff going on! I love your cute stuff (IKEA?) HOPE you guys are doing good! COME BACK WHEN YOUR dONE!!

Erin said...

Your house is so cute! I can't believe soccer already and things on the walls....I love the sign in the kitchen perfect place for it
;-). I already miss being able to call up do game nights and time at the lake ;-(. So glad you made it safe! Good luck!

Aaron and Brandy said...

Cute new place! You are missed out here in Utah! I too am amazed that you are that settled in so fast. I have been in my house for almost 2 years, and there is still boxes of crap I haven't even opened. Looks like you are doing good!

Debra said...

Thought I spotted some Ikea in there! Looks fantastic--fresh and clean!

Mik'L said...

So cute...looks like you are all mvoed in! I am totally stealing that chocolate saying!

Michelle said...

Gotta LOVE IKEA! Looks so good! You are amazing! Love the barstools, by the way! :) That house is darling! Miss you!

Abelhouzen Family said...

Love your new place. It is so cozy looking. You have such great taste. You are amazing. Love and miss you tons!