Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Boy Scout


Toby earned his Tenderfoot at a court of honor at the park last week. Here he is pictured with Brother Patterson. He is always teasing the boys and playing around with them. Toby remembers coming home from a campout and Bro. Patterson ran over a diamond back snake, then proceeded to get out of the car and remove the rattle for a keepsake. Yeah, he's one of those crazy, fun leaders! He seems to have boundless energy and patience for the boys. Thank goodness for men like him. Here's what Toby had to learn to get his Tenderfoot:

basic overnight camping skills, first aid and how to take care of the flag (these are just a few). The campouts are Toby's favorite part of scouting!

5 comments:

Erin said...

CONGRATS Toby! And way to go Mom and Dad!

Nancy said...

Fern is getting married on Edisto Beach. In Oct.

danielandjamaica said...

Cool! I hate snakes. We're going private so nobody steals pictures of my kids and turns them into little porn stars. Email me so I can add you as an approved looker of our blog.
p.s. I have a plan to start running again in the mornings! ;) Also considering volunteering for the StG Ironman, I think it'll be pretty awesome.

Debra said...

Good job, Toby! I need to start getting psyched for this. Right now Scouts just seems so weird.
: )

The Wilsons said...

Congrats Toby! Way to go! Jonathan loves the campouts too! Sounds like you have a great leader!