Sunday, March 29, 2009

ALS 5k 2009





Here's a slideshow of our ALS 5k. It was a wonderful success! We had over 130 runners registered for the 5k and many 1k participants also. The bounce house and cow train were a hit. the location was great, nice park & beautiful scenery. The course had a bit of an up hill finish, but runners seemed to be OK with the challenge. We had a fun post race raffle and gave out LOTS of gift certicates to the running store, Bajio's mexican restaurant, Tuachan and Road ID. Now after helping organize a race I understand how much work it is. I'll never take it for granted again when I run races! It was a pleasure meeting the Littles, they have become great friends through this experience. Our sponsors & timers were wonderful too!! Thanks to everyone who made this day a success and helped us find a cure for Lou Gehrig's disease!

7 comments:

DAVID GREEN FAMILY said...

Christi-So glad your 5K went well, 130, that seems great for a first time event!!! David said you kicked his butt at spin, I'm so jealous and can't wait to start exercising again.

Davis' said...

Great pictures. can I get you to email me the one of the YW? Its a great picture!! We had a great time. You guys did awesome.

Kathy Habel said...

Great job! Glad it went well and I'm sorry we missed it.

Ashley said...

YAY!!! You're awesome! That looked like a great race! Wish I could've been there! You never cease to amaze me.

Debra said...

That's really impressive, Christi. I can't imagine the amount of work and time that took. Was it all volunteer time on your part? Unbelievable! And what a great cause. You should be proud of yourself!

organic tribe said...

Congrats on the success of the race!!! I wish I was there to show my support. maybe at next yrs?
Love ya!

Buffy Clark said...

Christi, you are such a stud to put on that 5k, wish I could have been there to run it and help support you!