Thursday, March 27, 2008

Active Kids & Art Night




Usually I spend my afternoons taking the kids to their various separate activities. For Toby its whatever seasonal sport that's going on (currently soccer & track) and cub scouts. For Arielle its gymnastics and piano lessons. But I really try to leave free time for them to just play around with each other and I love days like today when they were skateboarding outside together. Arielle is usually such a "girly girl", but she also idolizes her brother- so she's recently taken up skateboarding!


Tonight was the kids' "Art Festival" at school. Arielle's grade sang some really cute songs & then we walked around the halls and saw the kids' projects. Toby's class made a big snake with a "team spirit" theme. Toby made a head of the snake- its actually not the one he's pointing to, but the head that is higher up & diamond shaped w/big eyes- it was COOL! Then Arielle's whole hall was an "outer space" theme. It was a cool black background w/ neon paints. Arielle made an AWESOME alien.

4 comments:

Lybi said...

Cute! Love the music you have going on here. I was like little Arielle--keeping up with the guys--as a little kid. An art festival, what a great school you must have!

Laura said...

What a great blog!! The music is fun, and I really like the borders around your pictures - I need to figure that out. :o)

Your kids are sooo cute and so involved in everything! What a fun stage (and busy chauffeur stage for you).

The Wilsons said...

Hey Dieckman Family! I was checking out Heather's blog and saw your link. Hooray! It's so great to hear what's going on with you! We miss you guys! I can't believe how grown up the kids look. Sounds like things are going well and you are staying very busy!

Heather said...

Hey Christi! I followed a link that brought me here. I saw you already had links to some of the local blogs up here. I'm glad you're blogging. It's so good to see what's going on with you guys. Your kids are getting so big! We miss you at ladies night!